“This recipe was given to me by my sister, Zaini who is the best cook of all my siblings. Of course she got it from our mum. She is the authority on our family recipes. I , on the other hand like to tweak the recipes according to what’s around.”
SPONGE CAKE(GULA HANGUS)
½ cup butter or margarine
½ tin condensed milk
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cups plain flour
3 tsp soda bicarbornate
1. Combine sugar & water to make into brown syrup
2. Beat butter with the milk
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
4. Combine the cooled syrup
5. Put in the butter mixture into the eggs mixture then put in the flour.
6. Bake in 180oC oven for 45 mins or until the skewer comes out clean